Former Pasig mayor says Facebook page was hacked after 'parol' rant vs Vico Sotto
Former Pasig mayor Robert “Bobby” Eusebio said that his Facebook page was hacked, days after posts from his page criticizing the seeming lack of Christmas decorations in the city turned viral.
In a Facebook post, Eusebio said that his page had an unauthorized access starting Dec. 2 at 11:22 am.
“Agad naming itong naiparating sa Facebook, at sa pakikipagtulungan ng aming IT expert ay masaya kong ipinararating na atin na pong nabawi,” Eusebio claimed.
The posts hitting at the city’s lack of Christmas decorations, dated Dec. 2, have now been deleted. Eusebio made no mention about the posts in his Facebook post claiming he was hacked.
The deleted "parol" posts from Eusebio's page previously drew a number of comments from Pasig citizens, saying that the incumbent mayor has actually been prioritizing extending assistance to everyone in the city during the holiday season.
In an ABS-CBN interview, Sotto, whose 2019 election victory broke the 27-year reign of the Eusebio family in Pasig, also said that he has been focused on extending Christmas food packs for the holidays.
“Ako, bilang mayor, kung anong mas gusto ng tao, ‘yun ang binibigay natin using their funds. Hindi lang kung ano ‘yung gusto ko, kundi kung ano ‘yung gusto ng tao,” Sotto said.
Sotto has not directly addressed to date Eusebio’s claim of being hacked. But in a recent post disputing the claims of a critic about alleged disbursement anomalies in Pasig, he indirectly made mention of hacking.
Sotto, in tongue-in-cheek fashion, advised the critic to drink less ampalaya juice.
“O baka naman na-hack ka lang din?” Sotto said.