Mayor Bullet Jalosjos has reacted to Tito Sotto, Vic Sotto, and Joey De Leon’s decision to transfer to TV5, saying that he’s happy for the trio.
In an interview on CNN Philippines’ The Source on June 7, the chief finance officer of Eat Bulaga! producer TAPE Inc. congratulated TVJ as he expressed his happiness and support for them.
“Actually, I’m happy that mayroon na po silang bahay. I’d like to congratulate them for putting up the show this early sa TV5, and manonood po ako, susuporta po ako sa show nila,” he said.
“Kung hindi same time slot, manonood po rin ako sa kanila,” he added with a laugh.
Earlier in the day, MediaQuest Holdings Inc.—the company that owns and operates TV5—announced that it has entered into an agreement with TVJ and the Dabarkads to produce content for the network and other MediaQuest platforms. The firm called it “another chapter in the long-running, celebrated entertainment careers” of the three veteran hosts.
While it’s not yet clear whether they’ll run Eat Bulaga! itself on TV5, Tito previously said that they “will continue with Eat Bulaga!” as TAPE Inc. does not own the program’s name as well as its segments.
TVJ announced they have parted ways with TAPE Inc. last May 31 after rumors about an Eat Bulaga! rebranding—and the trio getting fired—broke out amid financial losses. After the announcement, staff members, including hosts, writers, sales, production, and cameramen, tendered their resignation.
“We are very happy to have launched, to have mounted a show within five days despite everything that has happened since May 31. Medyo madami-dami po ang nangyari,” the politician said.
He also stressed in the same interview that there should not be a comparison between TVJ and the new EB hosts. “We never intended to compare TVJ and our new hosts. TVJ will always be TVJ. We will never—and we can never—compete with them. We will leave it at that.”