ICYMI, the Department of Science and Technology - Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) has opened the online application for the 2023 undergraduate scholarships. Interested applicants can submit their documents until December 2, 2022.
This 2023 scholarship program will conduct a pen-and-paper examination for all applicants on March 11 and 12, 2023 but here are the things you should know in applying to the program:
- Applicants have options to apply for scholarship applications starting September 19 under two sub-categories: the Merit Scholarship Program, and Republic Act 7687.
- Under the Merit Scholarship Program, qualifiers are determined with high aptitude in science and mathematics and are willing to pursue careers in the fields of science and technology.
Pursuant to RA 7687 also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”, the acceptance of next year's batch of applicants is now open to aspiring and talented students whose families’ socio-economic status does not meet the set cut-off values of certain indicators. Aspirants must pursue priority fields of study in engineering, other basic or applied sciences, and science and mathematics teaching.
The first step to take is to fill out the E-Scholarship Application System. Applicants may access the system here. https://usas.science-scholarships.ph/#/register.
Applicants who wish to apply in any of the scholarship categories mentioned above must prepare the following:
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Certificate of Good Health
- Principal’s Certification
- Certificate of Residency
- Parent’s Certification – Applicant should attest no pending immigration application to another country
- DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination/Award
- Applicant’s Certification of No Post-Secondary Units
- Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent/Legal Guardian
- Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137)
- Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
- Birth Certificate
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return/Indigency/Proof of Pension
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
Once finished filling out the forms, the applicants are advised to wait for the issuance of a test permit for the pen and paper examination scheduled on March 11-12, 2023.
The test permit will be sent to the applicant’s registered email address sometime on February 27 – March 3, 2023. Students may apply until the last day of application on December 2, 2022.
Moreover, the list of programs covered by the said scholarship is posted on the DOST-SEI website under Priority S&T Programs and Study Placement here.
The DOST-SEI has been accepting scholars online since the COVID-19 pandemic. The institution has continued to provide financial assistance to qualified students since 1958.