MUP 2020 reveals special awardees
Two nights before the coronation, the Miss Universe Philippines (MUP) pageant revealed the stunners who have impressed at the preliminaries to win special prizes.
With no live audience in sight, the pageant saw the 46 candidates Friday morning at the Baguio Country Club besting each other in three components: national costume, swimsuit, and evening gown. The event held the preliminary interviews earlier.
The event, which then aired online in the evening, named the following beauties as winners of the special awards:
- Best in National Costume – Lou Dominique Piczon, Mandaue
- Best in Swimsuit – Rabiya Mateo, Iloilo City
- Best in Evening Gown – Maria Ysabella Ysmael, Parañaque
- Miss MG Philippines – Michele Gumabao, Quezon City
- Miss Cream Silk – Pauline Amelinckx, Bohol
- Downy Sweetheart Award – Pauline Amelinckx, Bohol
- Miss Cetaphil Sun – Pauline Amelinckx, Bohol
- Miss Photogenic – Tracy Maureen Perez, Cebu City
- Most Beautiful Face Award – Pauline Amelinckx, Bohol
The MUP finale will air online and on GMA 7 this Sunday 9am live.
The inaugural pageant follows the end of Miss Philippines' partnership with Binibining Pilipinas Charities, Inc., after 50 years with the foundation. MUP led by Miss Universe 2011 3rd runner-up Shamcey Supsup-Lee then took over the franchise.
Banner image by Niccolo Cosme