Barely a month after its release, FromSoftware has rolled out a new patch for Elden Ring, bringing new quests, non-playable character (NPC) summons, bug fixes and nerfs to the highly-acclaimed Souls-type game.
In its latest patch notes released on Thursday evening, the studio said that the game’s 1.03 patch aims to “improve the stability of gameplay” and “adjust balance” on PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Steam.
The patch came after players found numerous ways to take advantage of the game’s bugs, which allowed them to easily take down infamous bosses such as Elden Ring’s toughest adversary, Malenia, Blade of Miquella.
For starters, the patch has nerfed the fan-favorite Mimic Tear Ash, which allowed players to summon a version of themselves when facing a swarm of enemies or hard-to-kill bosses.
Although FromSoftware changed the spirit’s behavior pattern, the latest patch unfortunately decreased the damage of the summoned spirit.
The damage of another go-to Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp, which players utilize to “cheese” various enemies including Morgott, the Omen King, has been decreased while cast time has also been increased.
The most important armament that players can get early in the game, the Sword of Night and Flame, which allowed them to utilize its Night-and-Flame stance’s Comet Azur sorcery and swirling burst of flame, has also been nerfed in the latest patch.
Additionally, the “OP” Deathblight build, infamously known behind the death of numerous Tarnished in Elden Ring’s PvP prior to the 1.03 patch, has also been fixed, and now prevents players to exploit the Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation.
Meanwhile, the update also added a new NPC named Jar-Bairn and included new quest phases for Diallos, Nepheli Loux, Kenneth Haight, and Gatekeeper Gostoc. In addition to that, the patch also increased the number of patterns of objects that players can imitate when using the Mimic’s Veil.
Check out the full patch notes for Elden Ring below:
Additional Elements Added
- Added a function to record an icon and the name of an NPC on the map when you encounter that NPC.
- Added NPC Jar-Bairn.
- Added new quest phases for the following NPCs: Diallos/ Nepheli Loux/ Kenneth Haight/ Gatekeeper Gostoc.
- Added some summonable NPCs in multiple situations.
- Increased the number of patterns of objects player can imitate when using Mimic’s Veil.
- Added night background music for some open field area.
- Fixed a bug that prevented summoned NPCs from taking damage in some boss battles.
- Fixed a bug that sometime prevented the player from obtaining item after boss battle.
- Fixed a bug that causes dialogue to be skipped when talking to NPCs and using custom key configurations.
- Fixed a bug that causes the player to freeze when riding.
- Fixed a bug that causes arcane to scale incorrectly for some weapons.
- In situation where the player cannot obtain more than 2 talisman pouches, added talisman pouch to Twin Maiden Husks shop line up.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the user from warping to sites of grace from the map at the end of the game.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from moving to the next area after the battle with the Fire Giant.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to have incorrect scaling after strengthening.
- Fixed a bug which causes some weapons to not use stat scaling.
- Fixed hang-ups in certain occasions.
- Fixed a bug which incorrectly displays multiplayer area boundary when playing online.
- Fixed a bug that allows player to activate Erdtree Greatshield’s weapon skill without absorbing an attack using a special combination of item and incantation.
- Fixed a bug which causes Fire’s Deadly Sin incantation to have different effect.
- Fixed a bug with the Ash of War, Determination and Royal Knight's Resolve, where the damage buff will also apply to other weapons without that skill.
- Adjusted the visual effect of Unseen Form spell.
- Deleted the Ragged armor set from the game which was mistakenly obtainable in previous patch.
- Fixed a bug that causes some hostile NPCs to drop Furlcalling Finger Remedy.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect sound effect to play in some situations.
- Fixed a bug which causes visual animation and hitboxes to not be displayed correctly on some maps.
- Fixed bugs which causes incorrect visual and behavior for some enemies.
- Fixed a bug that causes incorrect stat parameter for some armor.
- Text fixes.
- Other performance improvement and bug fixes.
- Increased the drop rate of Smithing Stone for some enemies.
- Added Smithing Stone to some early game shop line up.
- Increased shield’s effectiveness.
- Increased the damage for all offensive cracked pot items.
- Increased the damage for the following items: Spark Aromatic/Poison Spraymist.
- Increased the effect duration for the following items: Uplifting Aromatic/ Ironjar Aromatic.
- Increased HP healing for Torrent when using the following items: Rowa Raisin/ Sweet Raisin/ Frozen Raisin
- Reduced FP consumption and increased the damage of the following sorceries: Glintstone Cometshard/ Comet/ Night Comet
- Increased the damage of the following sorceries: Gravity Well/ Collapsing Stars/ Crystal Barrage
- Decreased FP consumption of the following sorceries: Star Shower/ Rock Blaster/ Gavel of Haima/ Founding Rain of Stars/ Stars of Ruin/Greatblade Phalanx/Magic Downpour/ Loretta’s Greatbow/ Loretta’s Mastery/ Carian Greatsword/ Carian Piercer/ Shard Spiral
- Raised projectile speed and range of Great Glintstone Shard
- Decreased Ash of War, Hoarfrost Stomp's damage and increase cast time.
- Increased Ash of War, Bloody Slash's self-inflict damage while slightly lowering the damage and increasing the cast time.
- Decreased weapon skill, Sword of Night and Flame’s damage.
- Increased FP consumption and lower duration of Ash of War, Barricade Shield.
- Changed FP consumption timing of Ash of War, Prelate’s Charge.
- Decreased the damage of spirit summoned when using the item Mimic Tear Ash and changed the spirit’s behavior pattern.
- Other enemy and weapon balance changes