Now that online classes are done, are you looking for something fun to occupy your kids at home during the summer break?
Cartoon Network is offering a range of family-friendly online activities featuring well-loved cartoon characters, new shows, and merch that you can shop for easily online.
In a news release, Cartoon Network said that kids and their families would be able to embark on more than 150 home-based adventures on CartoonNetworkAsia.com/BestSummerEver from now until June 27, 2021.
“The whole family can create specially themed “fun zones” in the comfort and safety of their homes to experience amazing bonding time over the holidays, weekends, for the next two months,” according to the channel.
Here’s a look at just some of the activities that Cartoon Network has in store at their microsite to keep the young and the young-at-heart occupied.
- Play: Craft Creek with Looney Tunes is full of activities that help to exercise the entire family’s creative juices—whip up delicious summer-themed recipes, engage in D.I.Y craft activities and much more!
- Music: Toon Tunes Valley with We Bare Bears invites you to sing your heart out, just like Ice Bear would! Choose your favorite Cartoon Network tunes, warm up those vocal cords, and get started on that sing-along. Even better, get the whole family to pick one song each and stage a home concert!
- Movement: Gymsville with Tom and Jerry gets your heart pumping with Tom’s secret set of workout videos. After all, their antics require them to stay in tip-top shape, and now you can keep fit and active too—just like them.
- Explore: Toonsplorer Island, hosted by Teen Titans Go! takes you on a wide range of adventures. Download WhatsApp stickers, mobile wallpapers featuring your favorite shows, host Zoom meetings at the bears’ cave, and more.
- Games: Arcade Town with Ben 10 hosts games galore! Just like in a physical arcade, choose your favorite game that brings your competitive streak to the fore. Take the challenge with some awesome gaming sessions—and call your friends to see who’s the better player.
Cartoon Network is also launching a digital challenge for viewers to unlock exclusive e-rewards such as mobile wallpapers, stickers and personalized certificates. Families can upload a photo or video of their home adventure creation on Cartoon Network’s Best Summer Ever microsite for the chance to see it featured on TV, and win great prizes.
The Best Summer Ever campaign is also serving up to eight weeks of everyone’s favorite original series and special premieres, with the spotlight on:
- A brand-new Looney Tunes cartoon series, Looney Tunes Cartoons, debuting Friday, April 30 at 5:15 p.m. on Cartoon Network (Skycable Ch 43 SD/178 HD & Cignal Ch 74 SD/220 HD) in the build-up to the theatrical release of the highly-anticipated Space Jam: A New Legacy animated-live action movie featuring basketball champion LeBron James and his epic adventure alongside timeless Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes crew.
- An hour-long Ben Gen 10 special on Saturday, May 22, at 8:45 a.m. on Cartoon Network and streaming service HBO GO, where Ben must save the world from a malfunctioning Omnitrix that infects people with alien DNA.
- Adventure Time: Distant Lands, a fourth hour-long episode Together Again, on Saturday, June 12, at 9:15 p.m. on Cartoon Network and HBO GO, with Finn and Jake reuniting for the most important adventure of their lives.
For those looking for unique gifts or need some retail therapy without having to step inside a mall, there’s also a range of Cartoon Network merchandise available for your hassle-free online shopping.
- We Bare Bears Kid’s Collection: Indulge in a good night’s sleep as you stay home with comfortable Terno pyjamas featuring your favorite bear bros! View the entire collection at United Impulse’s online store today.
- Tender Luv: Dress up your little ones in their favorite Looney Tunes character! Shop for fun and durable baby accessories at Tender Luv’s online store now.
- Toon Alley: Can’t get enough of the tune squad? You can now bring them wherever you go through by wearing the latest Looney Tunes apparel collection. Check out the full collection here.
- Juju: Need to binge on some snacks while staying tuned to Cartoon Network this Summer? We Bare Bears snacks are here to make your viewing experience extra fun. Stock up your snack bar here!
(Images via Cartoon Network)