Zozibini Tunzi, the longest reigning Miss Universe, will pass her crown to her successor on Monday, May 17. But aside from the title and the coveted tiara from Mouawad Jewelry, ever wondered what else will the next queen be receiving? Well, based on previous reports, she will get a lot—and they're worth millions!
This year’s crown, the Mouawad Miss Universe Power of Unity Crown, is said to be worth $5 million. It features a central magnificent shield-cut 62.83 carat golden canary diamond, and two more golden canary diamonds on either side.
But that's not all. The Miss Universe title also comes with several other perks—both in cash and in kind—and opportunities. Although the Miss Universe organizatiton has stopped disclosing the prize package to give focus on their ambassador's advocacies and charitable efforts, here’s what the previous queens have received in the past years:
- A seven-day cruise courtesy of Carnival Cruise Line
- A year-long salary as Miss Universe
- A luxury apartment in New York City for the duration of her reign, including living expenses
- A modeling portfolio by top-tier fashion photographers
- Dental services
- Dermatology and skincare consultations
- Professional health and nutrition consultation
- Professional representation by the The Miss Universe Organization
- A personal appearance wardrobe and styling by the official Miss Universe Organization fashion stylist.
View this post on Instagram
Previous pageant titleholders also had access to various events and parties including casting opportunities, movie premiers, screenings, Broadway shows, and launch parties. But given that there’s still a pandemic, we’ll have to see what exclusive invites the next Miss Universe will receive.
Additionally, the previous queens received prizes and endorsement deals from the pageant sponsors. If that’s still the case, this year’s sponsors—Sherri Hill, Olivia Quido Skincare, and Lazada—will likely offer her endorsement deals, too.