Style Living Self Celebrity Geeky News and Views
In the Paper BrandedUp Hello! Create with us Privacy Policy

Rhian Ramos shares experience of being stranded at Dubai airport for 2 days

By Melanie Uson Published Apr 20, 2024 10:31 am

Rhian Ramos is finally coming home to the Philippines after getting stranded at the Dubai airport and sleeping on the floor for two days following flight cancellations brought about by heavy rains and severe flooding in the United Arab Emirates.

In a post on X on Friday, April 19, the actress asked her followers for leads on who can help her rebook her flight to Manila. She also shared photos of the cramped, long queues in the connections desk area of the airport as well as her makeshift bed, with blankets spread on the floor and towels used as pillows. 

“Is there anyone from Emirates in Dubai that can help us? We need to rebook please,” she wrote in the caption. 

Three hours later, she posted another update, saying, “Hallelujah. Thank you Lord!!!” with a crying emoji. 

Without going much into detail, the actress described her experience as a “super miracle.” 

“Grabe, super miracle yung nangyari, so happy to be coming home. [S]o excited to shower too,” she tweeted. 

In an Instagram story later in the day, Rhian shared she's finally coming home to the Philippines as she gave a look at the crowded airport along with a screenshot of her delayed flight to Manila, her temporary sleeping space, and the blister on her foot.  

“Going home after 2 days of sleeping on airport floors. Thank you, Lord!” she wrote over it.

Rhian Ramos' Instagram story on Friday, April 19

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) witnessed its heaviest rainfall on record in the past week. According to the Department of Migrant Workers, three Filipinos died due to separate incidents that were both caused by severe flooding.

“Two OFWs died due to suffocation inside their vehicle during the flood. One other OFW died due to a vehicular accident,” DMW officer-in-charge Undersecretary Hans Leo Cacdac said in an X post.

Agence France-Presse (AFP) reported on the same day that the Dubai airport had canceled more than 1,000 flights and roads remained inaccessible due to the flood and obstructed by abandoned cars.