Think you have what it takes to be the next UAAP courtside reporter?
After receiving a Certificate of Authority from the Department of Health (DOH) and Commission on Higher Education (CHED) to resume athletic training last Dec. 2021, the University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) announced on Jan. 3 the opening of application for aspiring courtside reporter for UAAP Season 84 which will be set to open tentatively in March 2022.
The UAAP Varsity Channel via their Facebook page announced that they are looking for aspiring reporters who are fluent in both English and Filipino, can think fast in a pressure-packed situation, and commit to sharing the stories of UAAP Athletes.
Other qualifications and requirements include:
- Applicants must be 18 – 23 Years old
- Currently enrolled in a UAAP school
- Willing to give time for training sessions
- Eloquent and can able to write well
- Curriculum Vitae
- Ninety (90) seconds video headshot package of self or a brief introduction of self and will answer the question “why you want to be a Courtside Reporter (CSR)?”
Aspiring applicants can submit their applications to [email protected] until February 6, 2021.
Meanwhile, UAAP is eyeing to resume Season 84 beginning with a 5-on-5 basketball competition, while still leaning toward a bubble-type competition for other sports categories.