Metro Manila will be placed under Alert Level 2 from Feb. 1 to 15, acting palace spokesman Karlo Nograles announced on Jan. 30.
In a Facebook post, Nograles said the Inter-Agency Task Force has also deescalated Batanes, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, Biliran, Southern Leyte, and Basilan to Alert Level 2 in the same period.
Under Alert Level 2, the second lowest in the five-tier system, establishments may cater up to half capacity for indoors for fully vaccinated adults and even unvaccinated minors. Outdoor settings are allowed at 70% capacity.
Alert Level 3, meanwhile, would take effect on the following regions:
- Cordillera Administrative Region: Abra, Apayao, Baguio City, Benguet, Kalinga and Mountain Province;
- Region I: Dagupan City, Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union and Pangasinan;
- Region II: City of Santiago, Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya and Quirino;
- Region III: Angeles City, Aurora, Bataan, Nueva Ecija, Olongapo City, Pampanga, Tarlac and Zambales;
- Region IV-A: Batangas, Laguna, Lucena City and Quezon Province;
- Region IV-B: Marinduque, Romblon, Occidental Mindoro, Oriental Mindoro and Puerto Princesa City;
- Region V: Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, Naga City and Sorsogon.
- Region VI: Aklan, Antique, Bacolod City, Capiz, Iloilo City, Iloilo, Negros Occidental and Guimaras;
- Region VII: Cebu City, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City, Bohol, Cebu, Negros Oriental and Siquijor; and
- Region VIII: Ormoc City, Tacloban City, Eastern Samar, Leyte, Northern Samar and Western Samar.
- Region IX: City of Isabela, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga Del Sur, Zamboanga del Norte and Zamboanga Sibugay;
- Region X: Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro City, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte, Misamis Occidental and Misamis Oriental;
- Region XI: Davao City, Davao Del Sur, Davao Del Norte, Davao Oriental and Davao de Oro;
- Region XII: General Santos City, North Cotabato, Sarangani, South Cotabato and Sultan Kudarat;
- Region XIII: Surigao del Norte, Surigao Del Sur, Agusan Del Norte, Agusan del Sur and Butuan City; and
- Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao: Maguindanao, Cotabato City and Lanao Del Sur.
Under Alert Level 3, several establishments are allowed at 30% capacity indoors for fully vaccinated adults. Outdoor settings may accept anybody at half capacity.