LIST: Cities, provinces that don’t require COVID-19 testing for fully vaccinated travelers
Can we finally go to the beach this summer? Yes indeed!
Due to the easing of COVID-19 cases in the country and the de-escalation of alert level systems to Alert Level 2, fully vaccinated visitors and travelers can now travel around the Philippines without needing to acquire an negative COVID-19 test result.
Several local government units including Boracay, Camiguin, and Puerto Princessa have updated their requirements. and now only require fully vaccinated individuals to provide a vaccine certificate or card and a valid ID among others.
If you're planning on an early summer vacation, here is a list of Philippine tourist destinations that do not require Antigen or RT-PCR testing for those who have received two jabs.
Just a reminder though: always check with the LGU of your destination for updates on travel requirements to prevent hassles.
Those who are fully vaccinated and are coming from areas under Alert Level 2 or below are allowed to enter the City of Pines without showing a negative COVID-19 test result.
In a post last Feb. 1, Baguio Tourism said that they are accepting people from some areas including Metro Manila, Rizal, and Cavite.
It wrote: "With the lowering of alert level in some areas starting today, tourists from these areas will just have to be fully vaccinated to enter Baguio… no additional test required!"
Requirements for leisure travelers are following:
- Must not come from areas with the following quarantine classifications: ECQ, MECQ, or Alert Levels 4 and 5.
- Fully vaccinated adults are only allowed in the city and present a full-dose vaccination card or a certificate showing the holder’s vaccination status.
- Travelers under Alert Level 3 and unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors aged 12 to 17 regardless of alert level starting January 6, 2022 must present a negative RT-PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to arrival or a negative antigen test result taken within 24 hours before arrival.
- Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated minors aged 11 and below may be tested upon the discretion of their accompanying adults.
- Valid ID
- Pre-booking at accredited hotels in Baguio
- Register with visita.baguio.gov.ph at least a day prior to your trip.
- Must pass the health screening at the triage upon arrival.
Governor Art Yap recently posted an order to impose a less stringent travel requirement in the Province of Bohol until Feb. 28, provided that travelers will comply with their requirements: vaccination certificate or vaccine card, valid ID, and pre-booked accommodation at a DOT-accredited Bohol resorts or hotels.
For unvaccinated and partially vaccinated, a negative RT-PCR or saliva RT-PCR test result was taken 3 days prior to travel. Children aged 11 and below are exempted from this requirement.
Boracay's admission restrictions for both domestic and international visitors have been updated, hence, RT-PCR testing is no longer required for fully vaccinated travelers. Other requirements include proof of identification such as an ID and Passport for domestic travelers and foreigners, respectively, as well as proof of vaccination status.
Ready your vaccination cards or certificates because Camiguin now accepts fully vaxxed individuals without showing negative test results.
The diving spots in Puerto Galera are waiting for you!
All travelers of all ages may not visit Puerto Galera regardless of vaccination status, provided they present an approved S-Pass Travel Coordination Permit, a government-issued ID, and proof of confirmed booking to any DOT-accredited establishment or tour operator.
They must also register through Puerto Galera Tourist Registration to generate a QR code prior their visit.
On the other hand, here is a running list of cities and provinces across the Philippines that do not require RT-PCR testing for fully vaccinated visitors.
- Baguio City
- Camarines Norte
- Camarines Sur
- Ilocos Sur (including Vigan)
- Metro Manila
- Nueva Ecija
- Nueva Vizcaya
- Occidental Mindoro
- Subic Bay Freeport Area
- Bacolod City
- Dumaguete City
- Eastern Samar
- Negros Oriental
- Davao City
- Davao de Oro
- Davao del Norte
- Davao del Sur
- Davao Oriental
- General Santos City
- Misamis Occidental
- Sultan Kudarat
- Zamboanga del Norte
- Zamboanga Sibugay