It looks like all the K-dramas people have been consuming have caused a pent-up travel demand among Pinoy travelers keen on visiting South Korea.
With borders restrictions easing, South Korea is currently one of the top international destinations that Pinoys want to visit. However, Philippine passport holders who intend to visit in Korea are still required to secure a visa at the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in the Republic of the Philippines.
On Wednesday, Sept. 7, the Korean Embassy in the Philippines announced that they would be implementing a new visa application system effective September 19, 2022 because of the surge in visa application requests.
“In order to address the inconveniences caused by the surge of visa applications, the Korean Embassy will implement a designated travel agency system, effective September 19, 2022 (Monday),” the Korean embassy announced.
Filing of visa applications must only be done through the Embassy’s 36 designated travel agencies, which they listed on the website.
For reference, the list of the accredited travel agencies are as follows:
- ABOEX TRAVEL AND TOURS
- ADVENTURE INTERNATIONAL TOURS INC
- AIRMARK TOUR AND DEVELOPMENT INC
- ARK TRAVEL EXPRESS INC.
- BLUE HORIZONS TRAVEL AND TOURS INC.
- BUDGET TRAVEL AND TOURS INC.
- CASTO TRAVEL PHILIPPINES INC.
- CITY TRAVEL & TOURS CORPORATION
- COME ON PHILS. GOLF & TRAVEL AGENCY INC.
- CONSTELLATION TRAVELS, INC.
- DANPOONG TRAVEL SERVICES (Formerly MNK TRAVEL & TOURS CORP.)
- FEEL YESON TRAVEL AND CONSULTANCY CORP.
- FIRST UNITED TRAVEL INC.
- GETAWAY TOURS INTERNATIONAL INC.
- GRAND HOPE TRAVEL, INC.
- H.I.S. (PHILIPPINES) TRAVEL CORP.
- HORIZON TRAVEL & TOURS, INC
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNEYS, INC
- ISLAND RESORT CLUB TOUR SERVICES, INC.
- JTB ASIA PACIFIC PHIL. CORP.
- KP JOEUN CONSULTANCY INC.
- LAS PALMAS TOURS AND TRAVEL AGENCY, INC.
- MARSMAN DRYSDALE TRAVEL INC.
- NORTH STAR INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL, INC.
- PAN PACIFIC TRAVEL CORPORATION
- PARTY-ON TRAVEL AND TOURS INCORPORATED
- RAJAH TRAVEL CORPORATION
- RAKSO AIR TRAVEL AND TOURS INC.
- RELI TOURS AND TRAVEL COMPANY
- SHARP TRAVEL SERVICE PHILS., INC.
- SWIRE TRAVEL PHILS, INC.
- THE BARON TRAVEL CORPORATION
- TRAVEL PROS
- TRAVEL SERVICES, INC.
- UNI-ORIENT TRAVEL, INC
- WORLDWIDELINK TRAVEL & TOURS
The full directory, including contact information and list of provincial branches of the 36 travel agencies accredited to process Filipino tourists visa applications for South Korea can be viewed here.
In addition to the existing travel requirements, applicants must also accomplish the Power of Attorney document (from the Embassy) when they apply through the accredited travel agencies. The standard form is available here.
The South Korean Embassy in Manila resumed the issuance of walk-in visa applications for South Korea back in June 1. However, due to the increasing number of applicants, they had to impose a daily visa application limit. Because of the high volume of visas being processed, tourists could potentially face delays in the release of their visas affecting their travel dates.