BrandedUp in partnership with
Like a city that keeps on growing, SM City Clark in Pampanga never fails to fascinate us with its new and amazing attractions.
Starting out as a 101,840 square- meter mall when it opened in 2006, it now sprawls at 308,909 square meters. It has likewise evolved into a complex, which now includes BPO Towers, a Tech Hub, a Park Inn by Radisson Hotel, National University, and SMX Convention Center.
The latest addition is the Sky Line, an elevated Bridgeway which brings a brand new state-of-the-art experience four meters above the ground.
Inspired by New York’s iconic High Line, it is similarly designed as a “living system” that highlights landscape architecture, urban design, and ecology; as well as art, fitness, and fun for family and friends.
Located along the north edge of the SM City Clark mall, the Sky Line connects and integrates the widest possible variety of buildings with lush landscapes and attractions. But, beyond acting as a connector, the SM Clark Sky Line is envisioned to be a destination by itself – an ideal location to relax, get some exercise, take a selfie, and enjoy nature.
Here’s why the SM City Clark Sky Line is a great place to Meet, Eat, and Play.
1. It connects the City
Just as its launch brought Clark Development Corporation and local government and local government officials, SM executives, and shoppers together, the Sky Line creates seamless connectivity within the growing mall complex through functional links and bridges.
The Sky Line, the country’s first elevated Bridgeway, is artistically designed to link the mall, the new BPO Towers, the Tech Hub, SMX Convention Center, Park Inn by Radisson Hotel, and National University, allowing tenants, mall customers, and BPO employees easy access to every building within the SM City Clark Complex.
2. It connects family and friends
The Sky Line is a destination in itself, a great place to meet, eat, and play. It is a pleasant morning detour to the office; a wonderful place to relax, or enjoy a park like setting in the sky.
The park’s myriad of features and activities in multiple zones – retail, restaurants, art, fitness – feature separate offerings, each with his own character and landscape, as well as programmed activities carefully planned to delight, interest, educate, and entertain.
3. It’s a walk with nature
The Sky Line’s lush landscape includes hundred-year-old acacia trees that were preserved and incorporated into the design. It also showcases a diverse range of plant species - Picarra, Dwarf Pandakaki, Palmera, Spiderlily, White Kamuning, and Yellow Iris.
4. It’s got the best seats in the house
Relax in creatively designed seating areas surrounded by greens and enjoy a great view of the sky and towers within the complex. There are botanical themed dining sets, swings, and modern benches where park goers can unwind and chill.
5. A Paw Park for furry friends
The Sky Line’s Paw Park is a great place for dogs and cats to run around and explore. It has obstacle courses designed to enhance your pet’s agility, balance, and coordination, while still providing plenty of opportunities for interaction.
6. It’s a place for fun and fitness
Workout in the fresh air at the Sky Line’s Fitness Area. At this outdoor gym, health buffs can stretch do sit-ups, push ups, and pull-ups using the area’s installed equipment – beam hops, level trapeze rings, parallel bar stepping floral stones.
7. Al Fresco Dining at the Tree Park
Indulge in a diverse variety of dining-out options at the Tree Park amidst towering trees and tree houses for kids and kids at heart.
8. Foodie Fun at the Park
Pampanga is the Culinary Capital of the Philippines, and the Sky Line’s restaurant line-up is simply delightful. Among these are Dookki Korean Topokki where diners can have fun creating their own unique recipes with family and friends, and Steveston Pizza’s gourmet and artisanal pizzas using the freshest ingredients.
Park goers can soon look forward to foodie stops like Glazed Artisan Donuts, Feast & Fire, Everything but Cheese, Subway, Big Al’s, Chung Chun Rice Corn Dog, Foam Coffee, WouldULike Specialty Coffee and Tiger Sugar.
Fun Facts About the Sky Line
- A walk of art, fun, leisure, and entertainment, the Sky Line at the SM City Clark Complex is also a health buff’s dream with jogging paths and fitness features. Here’s everything you need to know about this exciting new urbanite playground.
- The Sky Line Bridgeway is 9,018 square meters
- At 4 -meters high above the ground, it has that top of the world feeling
- The Bridgeway’s 800- meter loop is equivalent to 1,050 steps
- 1,050 steps can burn 30-40 calories
- The jogging/walking trail includes start and finish markings and begins and ends just across the outdoor gym
- Walking around the Sky Line’s 800- meter loop takes about 10 minutes for a speed of 3mph.
- There are colorful selfie stops along the Sky Line like a pool filled with balloons and animal-shaped floaters
- The Sky Line bridge may be reached through the second level mall expansion area, the second level podium parking, the second level SMX entrance, and the ground floor stairs
- The area is handicap friendly with 23 parking spaces reserved for people with disabilities out of the 802 available. There are also PWD ramps, two PWD comfort rooms, and three elevators to help them get around.
- The Sky Line is also eco-friendly with a waste segregation system and a NO SMOKING policy as part of the Park rules. Facemasks are still mandatory in keeping with government policies.
* * *
Editor’s Note: This article was provided by SM City Clark.