The country’s very own Miss U bet made it to the Top 21 of the pageant.
She introduced herself at the tilt in a low-cut blue dress. At the preliminary competition, Rabiya looked stunning in a yellow bikini for the swimsuit round, while she dazzled in a yellow Furne One creation for the evening gown competition. She also wore a Rocky Gathercole number as her national costume.
With an advocacy for education, the beauty queen dreams of ending illiteracy in the country by making education accessible to all. She has worked as a lecturer and review coordinator at review centers.
Here's the full list of the Top 21 finalists:
1. Colombia: Laura Olascuaga
2. Peru: Janick Maceta Del Castillo
3. Australia: Maria Thattil
4. France: Amandine Petit
5. Myanmar: Thuzar Wint Lwin
6. Jamaica: Miqueal-Symone
7. Mexico: Andrea Meza
8. Dominican Republic: Kimberly Jimenez-Rodriguez
9. United States of America: Asya Danielle Branch
10. Indonesia: Ayu Maulida Putri
11. Argentina: Alina Akselrad
12. India: Adline Quadros Castelino
13. Curacao: Chantal Wiertz
14. Puerto Rico: Estefania Sotto Torres
15. Philippines: Rabiya Mateo
16. Brazil: Julia Gama
17. Great Britain: Jeanette Akua
18. Nicaragua: Ana Marcelo
19. Thailand: Amanda Obdam
20. Costa Rica: Ivonne Cerdas Cascante
21. Vietnam: Nguyen Tran Khanh Van
The Miss Universe pageant took place on Monday, May 17 in Hollywood, Florida. It was hosted by actor Mario Lopez and Miss Universe 2012 Olivia Culpo.
Andrea Meza of Mexico has been named Miss Universe, followed by Julia Gama of Brazil (first runner-up), Janick Maceta of Peru (second runner-up), Adline Castelino of India (third runner-up), and Kimberly Jimenez of Dominican Republic (fourth runner-up).
Article thumbnails by Benjamin Askanas via Miss Universe