It’s that time of the year again for audiophiles. Subscribers of music streaming platform Spotify now have access to the annual Spotify Wrapped, which recaps their listening habits over the course of the year.
Starting Nov. 29 at 9 p.m., over 547 million Spotify users may once again see the Instagram Story-like interface in the app that details their top artists, genres, songs, and podcasts. They’re presented with several figures like the number of songs and artists they played, the times they listened to a particular song, and how many minutes they streamed songs overall.
Spotify also creates the user their top 100 songs of the year. It also invites users to create a Blend, a playlist that combines their year’s top songs.
Aside from numerical data, Spotify Wrapped 2023 offers new features that bring users closer to the heart of their listening.
Me in 2023
Users may flip a card and reveal one of the 12 characters that encapsulate their music taste and habits.
- Vampire – You listen to emotional, atmospheric music more than most.
- Alchemist – You create your own playlists more than other listeners do.
- Time Traveler – You travel back in time and listen to songs on repeat, again and again.
- Cyclops – You like to focus on one genre.
- Luminary – You play light, upbeat music more than others.
- Mastermind – You like to study a wide range of different genres.
- Roboticist – You like to hit play, kick back, and let the clever algorithms work their magic, track after track.
- Shapeshifter – One moment you’re head over heels for an artist. The next, you’ve moved on.
- Collector – You listen mostly to your own playlists.
- Hunter – You’re always searching for new favorites.
- Fanatic – Once you pick a favorite, you never let go.
- Hypnotist – You like to play albums all the way through.
This matches a user to a city based on their listening and shared artist affinity.
For example, the author’s Spotify Wrapped 2023 showed that his sound town is in Quezon City, based on three artists he listens to.
Wrapped fresher look
Spotify Wrapped 2023 gives old features a face-lift.
The “Top 5 Genres” is no longer list- or chart-like in appearance as it shows the genres in a sandwich-inspired design with animation.
The “Top 5 Artists,” meanwhile, now also inform users of the month that they peaked for each artist, giving a fuller picture of how they were really feeling the entire year and all the moments that made it.
“Your Artist Messages” is now also accessible directly within one’s personalized Wrapped. Users may listen to a video message from one of their top artists who are forever grateful for their support. Users may also check the Wrapped feed for other video messages, including those from Taylor Swift, Jung Kook, Ben&Ben, Shanti Dope, and FELIP.
Users may access their Spotify Wrapped 2023 in the Android and iOS app, as well as on the web browser via spotify.com/wrapped.