After the successful PUBG Mobile x Jujutsu Kaisen crossover, PUBG Mobile has many more exciting things in store for its fans this year, including the first-ever Pinoy voice pack.
The mobile game port of the original PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will be releasing their 1.9 update soon. The main highlight of the update is the game's fourth anniversary celebration.
The free-to-play battle royale video game developed by LightSpeed & Quantum Studio, a division of Tencent Games, was originally released on March 19, 2018 for iOS and Android devices
The 1.9 Update features a new Royal Pass, map adjustments, a new racing game mode, and weapons. Another thing the update will bring is a couple of colorful modes into the game. Imagine skydiving into a colorful aerial battlefield and transforming into a player with expanding headgear and floating.
Pinoy gamers can expect colorful updates, a music video featuring Filipino rappers, mall events, and the very-first Tagalog voice pack for PUBG Mobile.
- After a hit from the enemy, your headgear may expand and float in the air. Once eliminated, you may return to the Battle Royale (BR) battlefield again.
- If a teammate hits you, the headgear will shrink, and you continue gameplay as you return to the ground.
- You only have five minutes after the battle commences to experience the colorful aerial battlefield that disappears, so hurry!
Colorful Birth Island
- Players can use four different colored balls to dye the central building in their favorite color.
- Birth Island players throw colored balls of different colors and summon four giant statues representing strategy, courage, cooperation, and calmness. Then they can trigger the unique performance of themed gameplay!
After the cursed battlefield from the Jujutsu Kaisen crossover, PUBG Mobile gets a happy makeover for this patch.
New Game Mode 📲 available on March 18th! 📅— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) March 14, 2022
Better be quick 🎈 You don't want to become a balloon! 😢
Keep an eye 👀 out for all the ⏰ upcoming events, available soon! 😏 https://t.co/K89X1KVRhX#PUBGMOBILE #PUBGMColor4 pic.twitter.com/goJRaYDpwh
Tagalog Voice Pack
Following the success of multiple collaborations in 2021, PUBG Mobile dropped hints that more collabs would be coming in 2022 aside from the crossover with hit anime series Jujutsu Kaisen.
Last year, PUBG Mobile feature successful collaborations with football team Liverpool and Riot’s League of Legends Arcane.
K-pop collabs are set to return for PUBG Mobile after previously collaborating with Blackpink in 2020.
As reported by PhilStar.com earlier this year, PUBG Mobile Phliippines announced that collaborations were planned specifically for Filipino fans, since the country has one of the highest player bases in the world.
As part of the 1.9 update, the game is getting a Tagalog Voice Pack voiced by one-half of the Moymoy Palaboy duo.
Anniversary Pop-Up Crates
PUBG Mobile is also gearing up to launch Pop-Up Crates all over the Philippines to mark the fourth anniversary of the game since its launch.
Gamers are advised to keep their eyes peeled for colorful crates with a Shoot Zone, a Score Zone, and a Strike Zone.