Style Living Self Celebrity Geeky News and Views
In the Paper Shop Hello! Create with us

Bea Alonzo: ‘I know na wala akong tinapakang tao’

By CHUCK SMITH Published Jul 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Amid reports that she left ABS-CBN with an unfinished soap opera, Bea Alonzo reiterated that she exited the Kapamilya network properly, formally saying goodbye to her former bosses before officially transferring to her new home network, GMA-7.

In an interview with GMA-7 news magazine program Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho, Bea said she got the "blessing" of her past bosses before moving to the Kapuso network. "Gusto ko mag-focus ngayon sa positibo. And alam ko in my heart na I got the blessing of my past bosses. I know na wala akong tinapakang tao," she said. 

Bea added, "And moving forward, yung mga nakikilala kong bagong tao sa bagong yugto ng buhay ko, they’re all excited."

This comes after some netizens criticized Bea following the announcement of her move to GMA-7 because of a reported show she did not finish on ABS-CBN.

The show, Kahit Minsan Lang, reportedly began shooting in September 2019 and was one of the shows announced for airing on ABS-CBN in 2020. However, the network halted the production of many of its shows during the lockdown imposed early last year (with shows such as the then-already airing Make It With You prematurely cancelled).

PEP.ph reported that Henry Quitain, one of the heads of the creative unit that was supposed to produce Bea's soap, took to social media to express his disappointment. He did not name Bea in his post, but his followers, given its timing, took it as his opinion about Bea. 

"Sana bayaran mo na lang yung nagastos. Anyway siguro naman kikitain mo lahat yan. Kasi naghihikahos na nga kami, hindi naman biro yung itatapon na lang na pera ng kompanya kasi iniwan mo na lang basta," he said.

In September 2020, ABS-CBN announced that cancelled production of Kahit Minsan Lang.

In her first press conference with GMA, Bea said the show was cancelled not because of her transfer but because of changes in the story that had to be done due to the pandemic. 

"And alam naman natin na maraming pagbabago. So, nagkaroon rin ng pagbabago sa story. And we came to a decision na hindi na lang matutuloy yung soap," Bea said, adding she no longer had a network contract with ABS-CBN since last year.

In her interview with Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho, Bea said GMA-7's offer for her came at the right time.

"Kapag magaan, tama. Pati yung pagpapaalam ko sa ABS-CBN. Of course, it was very, very emotional because tahanan ko yun for 20 years. I am very, very grateful sa lahat-lahat ng opportunities na binigay nila sa akin," she said. 

"Parang may rebirth. I’m still ready to chance my dreams."

Banner photo screengrabbed from Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho