The wait is over. Local retailers have announced that the PlayStation 5 will be available to gamers this December.
[UPDATE: Included local pricing for accessories and games. Read below]
Video game stores Datablitz and i.Tech announced on their social media channels that Sony's next gen machine will be available on Dec. 11, 2020 at a retail price of P27,990.
According to the announcements, pre-orders are not yet available. The price was posted alongside the standard version of the PlayStation 5. There is no update on the price of the "Digital Edition" of the console – a version which does away with the blu-ray disc drive – but it is expected to cost less than the standard version.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Singapore, in a press release, revealed the prices for the PS5's various accessories which will launch alongside the console:
- DualSense™ Wireless Controller (standalone) – P3,990
- PULSE 3D™ wireless headset with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones – P5,590
- HD Camera with dual 1080p lenses – P3,290
- DualSense™ Charging Station which can charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers – P1,690
The games that will be out on PS5 launch day include:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – P3,490 (SRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – P2,490 (SRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – P3,490 (SRP)
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – P2,990 (SRP)
Sony's PlayStation 5 is going head-to-head with Microsoft's Xbox Series X this Holiday season, ushering in a brand new console generation which boasts of higher resolutions, faster framerates, and quicker load times from both platforms.