Court grants Maggie Wilson temporary restraining order against ex-husband after household intrusion incident
Maggie Wilson was granted a temporary restraining order (TRO) against Victor Consunji after her home was attempted to be padlocked by her ex-husband’s personnel.
According to a document Wilson posted on her Instagram Stories, the TV host was granted a 72-hour TRO to protect her and her family against further injustice and injury, as well as to prevent property damage.
“Considering the extreme urgency of the matter and the fact that plaintiff will suffer grave injustice and irreparable injury in the event that injunctive reliefs are not issued, it is respectfully prayed of this Honorable Court to immediately issue the injunctive reliefs prayed for,” it wrote.
The requested injunction was made effective to prevent representatives of the real estate companies Victor Consunji Development Corporation (VCDC), owned by Consunji, and DMCI, founded by Consunji's grandfather David, from persisting with unauthorized acts that could result in “damage and prejudice” towards Wilson, her family, and her household staff.
Furthermore, the order prevents the corporations from impeding Meralco or electricians from restoring the household’s electricity.
The court said that Wilson is entitled to the preliminary injunction given the existence of a valid lease contract between her and VCDC, which permitted her and her family the right to continue residing on the property.
In a separate statement, Wilson's lawyers from Divina Firm revealed that the "harrowing incident" has caused their client and the occupants of the house "severe trauma and humiliation."
"Their security and privacy was invidiously violated, leaving them to fear for their lives and safety,” it said.
Divina Law also noted that Consunji's estrangement from Wilson “cannot justify the malevolent act of harassment and persecution.” Thus, they will not let the violation pass.
“We will not let pass this flagrant violation of the home and privacy our client and we will HOLD LIABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW all those involved in this dastardly act,” the statement, signed by Nilo Divina and other lawyers, said.
In an Instagram video posted last July 16, the actress claimed that VCDC and DCMI staff, as well as barangay officials, entered her home in Acacia Estate, Taguig City without a warrant. They also took videos of personal belongings after barging inside the property.
As included in court details, VCDC vice president Bernabe “Bernie” Mendoza and Rommel Reyes were two of the defendants who tried to padlock the rented property to eject Wilson, her son Connor, sister Elizabeth Wilson, and other authorized residents.
According to Wilson, the men insisted that the house was owned by DMCI despite how the former had already explained multiple times that there exists a valid contract previously signed by Mendoza himself.
“This is a very real threat. It could potentially happen to you on VCDC and DMCI land despite having the correct paperwork in place,” said Wilson.
The former beauty queen also expressed fear for her and her family’s life after the incident occurred. She was not present at the time of intrusion but her sister, five-year-old cousin, and household staff were present and were “subject to harassment and intimidation.”
In the same Instagram post, she revealed clips of the incident, which caught Mendoza on camera saying that they wanted to secure the property.
Shortly thereafter, the power was cut-off in Wilson’s home all the while the other houses had their lights on.
Wilson and Consunji broke off their marriage last September 2021 after 11 years of tying the knot. Just months after the separation, the TV personality implied that there was tension between her and the businessman due to issues related to time spent with their son.