President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has tested positive for COVID-19, his office announced on Tuesday.
In a statement on Facebook, the Presidential Communications Office (PCO) said that Marcos will observe the mandatory five-day isolation period, but plans to still fulfill his duties and responsibilities.
“The President remains fit to carry out his duties and will be continuing his scheduled meetings via teleconference. Updates on his health will be provided as available,” the PCO said.
The president also urged his countrymen to get vaccinated and wear face masks in crowded places.
Marcos was last seen attending this year's “Family Week” celebration for his office inside the presidential palace grounds over the weekend.
He was supposed to visit Mindanao this Tuesday to check on the bombing victims and citizens who were displaced from strong earthquakes and aftershocks since late Saturday.
This is the third time Marcos tested positive for COVID-19. He previously contracted the disease in 2020 and again in 2022.