Star Magic released a statement on Wednesday, April 14, in the wake of bashing of artists children on social media.
"Star Magic is deeply concerned about the bashing and threats directed to our artists' young children," the statement said. It continued that these kinds of posts are "irresponsible, unnecessary, heartless, and cruel."
Star Magic also said that they support their artists in calling out netizens who violate Republic Act 7601 or the child abuse law, and existing libel laws. They will also not hesitate to press legal charges for causing such trauma. "We will not hesitate in seeking legal action to make sure these individuals, whose posts have already caused undue hurt and trauma, will learn their lesson."
View this post on Instagram
While the talent center of ABS-CBN did not further comment on the statement, this comes after Star Magic talents Janella Salvador and Markus Paterson called out netizens who poked fun on their son Jude's appearance on social media.
“Your humor must be really f---ed up to make fun of a baby. I can take all the bashing in the world directed at me with grace, but direct it at my innocent son and you’ll definitely hear from me,” Salvador tweeted.
Paterson also said that bashers like them "make me sick." "Wala pang isang taon anak ko and ya’ll making fun of a NEWBORN. Not gonna erase the names, proud n'yo eh,” Paterson said.
Earlier this month, too, actor Carlo Aquino's baby girl Enola Mithi was threatened to be killed by a netizen.
“Full-grown adults who make fake accounts to do this. Ano na ang nangyari sa mundong ito. Papano kayo pinalaki ng mga magulang ninyo? Magkano sinasahod niyo para gawin ito? Worth it ba?” Aquino wrote on his Instagram stories.