The Miss Universe organization has unveiled its selection committee for the 2023 pageant.
Among the 10 women who will determine who advances to the pageant rounds and eventually this year's Miss Universe is Pinoy skin care specialist Olivia Quido, who is the chief executive officer and founder of O Skin Med Spa.
According to her website, Quido, or "Ms. O" as she's fondly called, started her career as a California-licensed esthetician at a beauty salon in 2003.
She earned several awards for her line of work, including the Woman of the Year award, The American Association of Retired Persons' Top 8 Woman Entrepreneur in Los Angeles, and Mayor’s Award for Entrepreneurs in Los Angeles. She's also part of the Top 100 Filipinos in the United States, her website states.
Quido will also serve as the skin care sponsor of this year's pageant.
Other members of the selection committee include:
- Ximena Navarrete, Miss Universe 2010 who's also an actress and television host;
- Big Freedia, American rapper who identifies as gender nonconforming, fluid, nonbinary;
- Wendy Fitzwilliam, Miss Trinidad and Tobago Universe 1998 who's also lawyer and singer;
- Emily Austin, an American sports journalist who hosts the talk show on NBA;
- Mykra Dellanos, American television and radio host;
- Sweta Patel, Vice President of Growth Marketing & Merchandising at Roku
View this post on Instagram
The preliminary selection committee, meanwhile, consists of:
- Olivia Jordan, former Miss USA and Miss Universe 2015 second runner-up
- Kathleen Ventrella, chief marketing officer at ImpactWayv
Mara Martin, co-founder of public relations and creative marketing agency Vyral Media, will be part of both prelim and final selection committee.
Miss Universe 2023 will be held in New Orleans in Louisiana on Jan. 14 (Jan. 15, Philippine time).
Miss Universe 2022 Harnaaz Sandhu of India, the first from the country in 21 years, will be crowning her successor among some 90 women.
Celeste Cortesi of Pasay, the Miss Earth Philippines 2018, will be representing the Philippines in the international pageant.