The National Task Force Against COVID-19 (NTF) retracted its first statement regarding the temporary restrictions on international travel. In the revised memorandum dated Mar. 18, 2021, the NTF clarified that all Filipino citizens, whether OFW or non-OFW, will be allowed to enter the Philippines.
The statement reads: "All Filipino citizens whether a returning Oversease Filipino or Oversease Filipino Worker shall be allowed to return to the Philippines."
The memorandum also states that starting Mar. 22, 2021 to Apr. 21, 2021, all foreigners will be temporarily banned from entering the country except for the following:
- Diplomats and members of international organizations, and their dependents
- Foreign nationals involved in medical repatriation
- Foreign seafarers under the "Green Lanes" program fro crew change
- Foreign spouses and children of Filipino citizens
- Emergency, humanitarian and other analogous cases approved by NTF COVID-19
However, the entry of Filipinos and excempted foreign nationals "shall be subject to the arrival quota set by the Department of Transportation (DOTr).