BrandedUp in partnership with
It’s getting down to the wire to buy your last-minute holiday gifts. It can be hairy, yes, but it doesn’t have to involve boring and recycled items.
And just because you’ve waited ’til the 11th hour to do your Christmas shopping doesn’t mean you’re totally out of options.
At SM Supermalls, procrastinators (like you) are in for a treat. There, you’ll find a wide array of gift items that are still available to make the foodie, health-conscious, beauty junkie, gamer/techie and the adorable little tyke in your life feel loved and appreciated.
The best part? Some of these products are from small and medium entrepreneurs, who are still struggling to keep their businesses afloat — two years into the pandemic.
Gifting with thoughtfulness
Through its SM Startup program, SM Supermalls is lending a helping hand to aspiring and startup entrepreneurs to get them back on their feet by setting up shops in SM Malls.
The SM Startup package offers affordable rental rates, free use of kiosks and carts, marketing assistance for the businesses to have free exposure in SM online assets, and ad spaces inside SM Malls.
For SM, Christmas 2021 is all about “gifting with thoughtfulness.”
When buying gifts, think of how you can help the small and medium entrepreneurs who were badly hit by the pandemic; and think of what the people you love want and need.
Convenient ways to shop
While nothing beats leisurely roaming around your favorite SM Malls, there are services designed to help you beat the holiday rush. All it takes is just a few taps of your finger.
Enjoy your own mall-wide “personal shopper” with the SM Malls Online App; get everything you need from The SM Store through ShopSM, the online shopping platform of The SM Store; and via #SMCalltoDeliver, where you can have the items delivered the same day. You can also avail of same-day grocery delivery via SM Markets Online (SM Markets PH).
Lastly, there’s the SM Gift Registry App that lets overseas Pinoys order, pay, and deliver gifts to their loved ones wherever they may be in Philippines.
So get your gift list, eco-bags or virtual carts ready before time runs out.
For the health and fitness freak
Wellness is more than just a buzzword; it’s a way of life. So, why not give a wellness gift this holiday season? It can be anything—from aromatherapy and sleep to exercise and nutrition.
If your friend needs extra motivation to work out at home or while working from home, Decathlon has a thing or two to get him/her started.
- The Domyos EL 100 Cross Trainer. Use it up to two sessions per week to stay in shape. It has four indicators that let you track your training progress.
- Riverside Hybrid Bike. Made for city or gravel, the Riverside 500 is the best choice for advanced cyclists, who seek more road challenges.
- Essential yoga mat. Perfect for beginners, this yoga mat is made for a slow series of poses.
Decathlon is at SM Mall of Asia and SM North EDSA.
For the foodie
Since it’s the most delicious time of the year, here’s a list of edible Christmas gifts you can now find at SM.
- Vizco’s Strawberry Shortcake. Vizco’s, the Baguio City bakeshop famous for its strawberry shortcake, has opened its branches at SM North EDSA and SM Megamall. With its soft and fluffy cake base, lush cream, and sweet and tangy fresh strawberries, you’ll have a hard time not keeping a box for yourself.
- The Truffle Peddler’s Artisanal chocolate treats. ‘Tis the season to get a sugar high with The Truffle Peddler’s holiday special — from Pecan Caramallow Bons to Peppermint Shatters, and Peppermint Mallow Bons. Owned by pastry chef Martin Lugtu, a certified chocolatier with a degree in culinary arts in LA and further studies in Paris, The Truffle Peddler offers an artisanal craft confection made from single-origin Philippine cacao from Davao. The Truffle Peddler is part of the StartUp Market at SM Megamall A.
- eHarvest’s Artisanal Tuyo and Champorado kit. Enjoy artisanal ready-to-eat comfort food like Champorado con Tuyo from eHarvest. The kit already includes crispy tuyo bits. Just add water, milk and sugar and you’ve got a hot and delicious bowl of champorado. eHarvest products are available at Kultura.
- Gourmet Farms’ Pinoy Coffee Carryall gift set. The coffee connoisseurs on your list deserve this. Gourmet Farms products are available at Kultura.
- Kurimu Japanese-inspired ice cream. There’s still enough time to shop for something that surely won’t be regifted—Kurimu Japanese-inspired ice cream’s Holiday Bundle. Get three pints of your choice to avail of its free insulated gift box and a note card at Kurimu, Start Up Market, UGL Mega A, SM Megamall from Dec 20-23; SM Makati; and LOOK at SM Aura Premier from Dec 23-29.
For the techie
The latest tech gadgets always make for a great gift. So whether you want to go big and splurge on a fancy item, or spend on a budget, SM Malls Online and Cyberzone have got all your gamer and techie buddies’ cyber needs.
- Acer Predator Helios. Bring on the game with the Acer Predator Helios.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds. Just pop open and pair. Galaxy Buds work right out of the box, connecting with your Galaxy devices in an instant via Bluetooth to get you up to the beat and well on your way.
For the beauty junkie
Shopping for the glam girls on your list is never easy. Thank goodness LOOK at SM Aura Premier has curated the perfect gift guide to help them look their most gorgeous in 2022.
- Estee Lauder’s Repair+Renew Skincare. Reignite your radiance with the most comprehensive skincare treats.
- Dr. Ceuracle Hyaluronic Reyouth set. Restore dry, dehydrated, or rough-looking skin with K-beauty’s Dr. Ceuracle’s Hyaluronic Reyouth set.
- COSRX favorites. This skincare set collects mini versions of four best-selling COSRX essentials: a cleanser, toner, essence and lotion.
For little tykes
Keep the magic of childhood alive with these amazing toys from everyone’s favorite toy store: Toy Kingdom.
- Lego Classic. Playing with Lego toys helps develop kids’ motor skills. In a world where children are often experts at swiping on digital screens, having the opportunity to develop their physical dexterity is hugely important. Plus, it’s fun to play with, too!
- Barbie Color Reveal. These dolls deliver the ultimate unboxing experience. With 50-plus surprises in one package, this Barbie Color Reveal set inspires kids to dream big!
For the homemaker
For homemakers, it’s important to keep their living spaces smell good at all times. So, check these items out from Frankie & Friends, a space for carefully crafted homegrown products by artists and makers, at SM Aura Premier.
- Real Scents Fresh Bamboo Reed Diffuser. Looking to invoke a smile from the homemaker in your family or friend group? Do it with Real Scents Fresh Bamboo Reed Diffuser.
- Bare Essentials Room & Linen Spray. Spread the love and sweet and fresh fragrance of the holiday season to your friend’s home with these (Bare) essentials.
* * *
Editor’s Note: BrandedUp is designed to provide you with insightful, inspiring and educational content created by PhilSTAR L!fe in collaboration with brands like SM Supermalls.