Netflix has announced eight new cast additions for the upcoming fourth season of the hit series Stranger Things including some familiar faces from other horror and fantasy films and series.
Robert Englund, best known for playing serial killer Freddy Kreuger in the Nightmare on Elm Street film series has been tapped for a recurring role along with Jamie Campbell Bower, whose previous roles include The Twilight Saga’s Caius and young Gellert Grindelwald in the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films.
Other cast members signing on as series regulars include Eduardo Franco (Booksmart), and Joseph Quinn (Catherine the Great). Sherman Augustus (Westworld), Mason Dye (Teen Wolf), Nikola Djuricko (Legends) and Tom Wlaschiha (Game of Thrones’ Jaqen H'ghar) have also been cast for recurring roles.
The sci-fi tv series posted a roll call thread on their official Twitter account, complete with upside down black and white photos. The official character descriptions give fans some clues on what to expect in the coming fourth season:
let's give our new cast members a big hawkins welcome. roll call ? [thread]— Stranger Things (@Stranger_Things) November 20, 2020
- Robert Englund plays Victor Creel, a disturbed and intimidating man who is imprisoned in a psychiatric hospital for a gruesome murder in the 1950s.
- Jamie Campbell Bower will play Peter Ballard, a caring man who works as an orderly at a psychiatric hospital. Tired of the brutality he witnesses day after day, will Peter finally take a stand?
- Eduardo Franco plays Argyle, Jonathan’s new BFF. The fun-loving stoner proudly delivers delicious pizza pies for Surfer Boy Pizza.
- Sherman Augustus will portray Lt. Colonel Sullivan, an intelligent, no-nonsense man who believes he knows how to stop the evil in Hawkins once and for all.
- Mason Dye plays Jason Carver, a handsome and rich athlete who is dating the most popular girl in school. But as a new evil threatens Hawkins, Jason’s perfect world begins to unravel.
- Tom Wlaschiha will play Dmitri, a Russian prison guard who befriends Hopper. Dmitri is smart, cunning, and charming… but can he be trusted?
- Nikola Djuricko’s character Yuri is a seedy and unpredictable Russian smuggler who loves bad jokes, cold hard cash, and crunchy style peanut butter.
- Joseph Quinn will play Eddie Munson, the leader of Hawkins High official D & D Clubn, The Hellfire Club.
Stranger Things Season 4 stars Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, David Harbour as Chief Jim Hopper, Finn Wolfhard as Mike Wheeler, Noah Schnapp as Will Byers, Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven, Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas Sinclair, Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin Henderson, Cara Buono as Karen Wheeler, Natalia Dyer as Nancy Wheeler, Charlie Heaton as Jonathan Byers, Joe Keery as Steve Harrington, Sadie Sink as Max, Maya Thurman-Hawke as Robin, Brett Gelman as Murray Bauman and Priah Ferguson as Erica Sinclair.
The show previously teased the return of Hopper in the season four teaser video posted back in February 2020, titled “From Russia with Love.”
Seasons 1-3 of Stranger Things are currently available for streaming exclusively on Netflix.
(Images via Netflix)