DC FanDome, DC Entertainment’s free, global virtual fan event, is back on its second year with a live event happening on October 16, 2021.
Warner Bros. Pictures has promised a new trailer for The Batman starring Robert Pattinson, along with glimpses of other highly anticipated 2022 releases such as Black Adam, The Flash, and Aquaman 2 (aka Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods in the event lineup.
Along with the DC movies, the live webcast and online activities scheduled for one day only is expected to showcase upcoming comics, video games, animated projects and more in the DC universe.
Warner Bros. Games will feature new reveals from the highly anticipated Gotham Knights, developed by Warner Bros. Games Montréal, and Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, developed by Rocksteady Studios.
There’s a lot of exciting news in store at the event. Here’s what else fans can expect according to DC’s official website.
- New content from DC League of Super-Pets
- A look at the new seasons of Batwoman, The Flash, Superman & Lois, and Sweet Tooth
- Farewell tribute to Supergirl after six seasons
- A celebration of 100 episodes of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
- A first look at forthcoming new drama Naomi
- A sneak peek at an upcoming episode of DC’s Stargirl
- DC publishing will honor Wonder Woman with three upcoming books: Wonder Woman Historia, Nubia and the Amazons, and the original graphic novel Wonderful Women of the World.
- Batman/Fortnite comic crossover
- Batman: Fear State, the new six-issue Black Manta series, the return of the Milestone Universe, and much more.
- HBO Max will unveil an exclusive look at the upcoming series Peacemaker and limited event series DMZ and show sneak peeks at returning favorites like Titans and Doom Patrol
- Warner Bros. Animation will feature upcoming limited series Aquaman: King of Atlantis; season three of the adult animated comedy series Harley Quinn and share what’s in store for #HarlIvy; the all-new upcoming series Batman: Caped Crusader; and give fans a preview of Young Justice: Phantoms
- Warner Bros Home Entertainment will preview two upcoming original DC Animated Films: Injustice, an all-new animated movie inspired by the popular games and comic, and premiere the trailer for all-new animated heist movie Catwoman: Hunted.
The first DC FanDome, held in August 2020, was held as a way for DC to share news and previews of big name films and events during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
DC FanDome 2021 will be free to everyone, and can be followed at the event's official website: DCFanDome.com, as well as through DC Comics’ official channels on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch.
There will also be a DC Kids FanDome section offering a kid-friendly experience at DCKidsFanDome.com.
Join DC FanDome live on Saturday, October 16 at 10 a.m. PT or Sunday, October 17, 1:00 am Philippine time. The event will run for approximately 4 hours.
According to the event's website, the live stream will be subtitled in 12 languages: Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Traditional Chinese.
(Images via DC)