With Holy Week 2022 upon us, local folk pop group Ben & Ben is here to remind us that it's alright to take some time off to take care of yourself.
The 9-piece band took to Twitter to announce that they will be taking a shor break from Maundy Thursday until Easter Sunday to focus on their mental health.
"Beh, mental health break lang kami this holy week," they wrote. "Will come back stronger on Monday. pahinga ka rin kung keri! will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers."
They then referred to their followers as Liwanag, as it's been their longtime fandom name.
beh, mental health break lang kami this holy week 🙏🙏 will come back stronger on Monday. pahinga ka rin kung keri! will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. see you, Liwanag 💙💛— Ben&Ben (@BenAndBenMusic) April 12, 2022
Ben & Ben has been touring non-stop as lockdown restrictions have eased. Last month, they concluded their performance at the Expo 2020 in Dubai. They have also been going live on the streaming app Kumu and recently released a new music video for Inevitable featuring Son Ye-jin & Hyun Bin.
Want to take a short mental health break this Holy Week? Here are a few ways to do it:
- Give yourself time away from your phone. May it be absolutely zero screen time or turn off notifications, your eyes will thank you.
- Spend some time with your family, from as simple as streaming a recollection on a phone to visiting a church.
- Start a gratitude journal. For your first entry, you can put in the small things you're thankful for that day, such as a hearty breakfast or a warm bed.
- Practice meditation. Try out the Insight Timer app for an array of guided meditations for beginners.
- Try out that series you've been meaning to watch. Even if you end up liking it or not, it's one fun thing off your personal (non-work) to-do list.