Style Living Self Celebrity Geeky News and Views
In the Paper Shop Hello! Create with us

'Spider-Man 3' cast teases fans with 3 different titles: Phone Home, Home-Wrecker, Home Slice

By Christian Imperio Published Feb 24, 2021 12:48 am

There’s been a lot of buzz about the third Spider-Man film. Aside from casting rumors and story predictions, the actual title of the upcoming sequel has remained shrouded in mystery… until now.

On Wednesday, Spider-Man actor Tom Holland and co-stars Jacob Batalon and Zendaya have sent fans into overdrive after announcing not one, not two, but three different titles for the Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel.

On Instagram, Holland surprised his fans when he shared a never-before-seen image from the highly-awaited film along with a second photo which finally revealed the film’s title: Spider-Man: Phone Home.

“So excited to announce the new Spider-Man title. Can’t wait for you lot to see what we have been up to. Love from Atlanta,” Holland wrote.

In a separate post, however, Batalon, who plays Peter Parker’s best friend, also shared a new image from the superhero movie and a title that contradicts Holland’s announcement: Spider-Man: Home-Wrecker.

“We’re so excited to share the TITLE of our new movie!! Swipe right for the big reveal!! also enjoy this exclusive still from the movie, just an extra gift from us,” Batalon wrote in the caption.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jacob Batalon (@lifeisaloha)

Sending fans further deep into the Multiverse of Madness is Zendaya’s Instagram post, which showed another photo from the film and an alternate title: Spider-Man: Home Slice.

“So excited to announce the new Spider-Man title. So proud of this one...FOS is back!” Zendaya said.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Zendaya (@zendaya)

Batalon, who "appeared" confused following the announcement, left a comment on Holland’s Instagram post and asked:  “Whoa. Whoa.. wait.. why is your[s] different?!?”

Realizing that the three of them revealed different titles for the upcoming movie, Batalon later commented on Zendaya’s post, saying that they need to clarify the film’s actual title to director John Watts. “Okay now this is just ridiculous… we have to talk to Jon!!” Batalon said.

“Right… I have had enough of this! I’m calling Jon,” Holland replied.

Despite their revelations, it’s most likely that the trio are just trolling fans who are eager to see the third Spider-Man film later this year. As for the actual title, it remains a mystery for now.

There’s been a lot of speculations surrounding the film since last year. Although there’s no confirmation yet, fans continue to speculate that the upcoming sequel would break open the MCU multiverse, which would bring Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield’s respective web-slingers back into action with Holland’s Peter Parker.

However, Holland later denied that his predecessors will be appearing in his upcoming Spider-Man film.

“No, no, they will not be appearing in this film,” Holland said. “Unless they have hidden the most massive piece of information from me, which I think is too big of a secret for them to keep from me. But as of yet, no. It’ll be a continuation of the Spider-Man movies that we’ve been making.”

Rumors that Maguire and Garfield would be returning in the next Marvel superhero movie made headlines late last year following confirmation that Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx are set to reprise their respective roles as Doctor Octopus and Electro.

The cast of the upcoming Spider-Man sequel includes Marisa Tomei and Tony Revolori. Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sorcerer Supreme will also be joining John Watt's superhero movie to serve as a new mentor to Holland’s Peter Parker in lieu of Tony Stark.

The film is slated for release on Dec. 17, 2021.

(Image from IMDB)